Monday, August 01, 2011

Local Food Artisans - Dinner on the beach


So happy to have such great local foods on Long Island - I have to share my latest finds. After a date with my husband at the delicious Besito's in Huntington Village, NY we walked around and found this great shop - The Crushed Olive - an amazing tasting shop of olive oils and vinegars. Check out there site - they have some amazing pairing suggestions as well. The dark chocolate balsamic and black cherry balsamic were insane. For now we went with a bottle of the Tuscan Herb olive oil. But we will definitely be back for more!

This morning I stopped at the King's Park Farmer's Market for more of my favorites.

Ciabatta Loaves from the blue duck bakery cafe

Fresh Mozzarella and Mini Rice Balls (so good!) from Papa Pasquale's-Brooklyn - next week I'm going to try their ravioli

Tomatoes from Finks Farm



Everything we need to make some nice chicken cutlet heros for dinner on the beach.


If you live local and haven't visited the market - please do! There are also some great wine, beer and coffee vendors. I will let you know when I try some.

5 comments:

sherry said...

that's some seriously gorgeous and i'm sure excellent groceries! yum...

Faded Charm said...

Looks yummy!! One of my favorite foods in the summer is the fresh mozzerella, tomatoes and basil. Pour a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I love it on bread or even crackers.

Enjoy your summer!

xoxo
Kathleen

artful cottage said...

Looks sooo delicious.......there's nothing like fresh summer produce especially when it's local.

Love your blog by the way--lots of pretty and inspiring things to see and read about :) ~ donna

Atelier de Campagne said...

WOW, what a great post...that caprese salad and that beautiful bread made my mouth water!

Trinidad

Lisa Gundersen said...

Yummy! Really nothing better than good bread,cheese, tomatoes and wine.