Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Girls Room Redo



























































I have just finished a really fun project. I was hired to redo an 11 yr old girl's bedroom. I have posted the before and after shots. She wanted a lime green and blue color scheme. Her mom wanted to keep the pink rug in the room so we worked a little pink in the bedding and accessories. I just finished hanging wall accessories today and I think we might need just a few more things to complete the room. So, for this project I went on a couple of shopping trips with the girl and her mom and we picked out bedding, window treatments, side table, lamp, hardware and shelves. We found some good bargains for this room such as a small metal side table from Ikea ($19.99) but it was black so I painted it blue! And the full length mirror in the corner was a great find for $50 but it was a dark stain so I painted it white. I also made a fabric memo board for the room and installed new drawer pulls on the dressers. Such a difference! Another great find were the paper lanterns in the corner of the room. They were at Old Navy 2 for $10 and they have battery operated lights inside. So cool! I just love projects like these.


Make sure you stop by Sanctuary Arts at Home for more Before and After projects!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful job on her room. So colorful. Love it!

Retroboutiques said...

It came out beautiful Dawn!

Anonymous said...

very nice~ I love the colors, so suitable for a young girl ~ but I really hate it when littel girls outgrow baby pink!

Cathy said...

I love the colors too. Great, great job. You go girl!

Sonia said...

You did a wonderful job on the room and very creative too. I love it. Its my first time visiting your blog and I loved reading through it. I'll be back...

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

You did a wonderful job!
:)

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Such a great redo!!You did a fabulous job. These colors are very popular for the preteen crowd. I recently did my daughter's room (age 12) in the same colors.

Ruth Welter said...

Dawn, what a beautiful job you did with this room, I love the colors, they really pop.

Roxie Morrow said...

OMG!!!!!!! What a transformation Dawn. My eyes are literally popping out and my jaw is on the floor. You did an amazing job, you could have been on Trading Spaces! LOL

Free Art Printables said...

It looks great! Love the colors!