Friday, September 04, 2015

Fall Tablescape Styling Idea

Now that school is back in session, fall will be here soon. Yay! My favorite season! I don't know which I love more, the food or the decorating. So I want to give you some styling ideas for a fall inspired tablescape. This one is set up for a cocktail hour. So fun to create and very simple.
Come on in!

Looks like a lot of work, but it's a very simple menu. I picked up almost all of it at Trader Joe's. 





A small charcuterie board served on slate includes manchego cheese, chianti salami, apple slices, mango chutney, dried cranberries, and farmhouse cheddar with a honey drizzle. 


A few appetizers from the frozen dept....mushroom turnovers, chicken parm pops, pastry bites with carmelized onions and feta cheese. Yum!


I found some delicious pumpkin salsa from my local Fresh Market store, served with blue and white tortillas. 


Some dipping pretzels with stone ground mustard and a bowl of mixed nuts.


I used a box of butternut squash soup for these mini tasting bowls. I love the little spoons! I added a dollop of greek yogurt and sprinkled a little berbere spice for color and a kick!  A grey linen napkin tied with jute and a sage sprig makes the perfect cozy for a loaf of french bread. (from our line of European Linens HERE).


Some wine and pumpkin ale of course! I rimmed these small tasting glasses with a cinnamon sugar mix. So good!

So that's the food, now for the decorating. I always start with my layers...trays, platters, platforms, crates.  I lay it out keeping the flow in mind and the reach. You want it all to be easily accessible. 
You can use tablecloths too but I prefer some linen napkins here and there, I like to see the wood of the farm table (not just because my husband made it ;)  

Now for the the fun stuff! Flowers and props! Keep it simple. I have one large centerpiece down the center and I just coordinated everything else with the green/burgandy preserved hydrangeas.  These pears were the perfect color and I love decorating with produce. You can eat the decorations after! These artichokes are dried however, so no consuming.







Just a few paper mache pumpkins from the shop (because I couldn't find any real ones yet:)



I hope I gave you some ideas for your next dinner party, get together or holiday! Would love to see your tablescape photos. Please share!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your talent is INSANE!
You bring such warmth and coziness to everything you do
You are a true inspiration...and I mean that in every sense of the word.
Both personally and professionally!
xoxo

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. I really just love what I do!