Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bathroom Inspiration

I can't believe my last post was on Christmas Eve. Christmas seems like sooo long ago. So on to the next house project. Just a few days after Christmas my husband ripped out the first floor bathroom in our home which was long overdue.  I wanted to share with you a little inspiration board I made showing the look we are going for.


1. The floor! I've had this photo saved in my inspiration folder for such a long time and I don't have the source. If anyone knows it - please let me know! I loved the different colors and the pattern of this tile. I just finished laying out the pattern on my den floor. Can't trust the husband with the pattern job :)

2. I have had the perfect dresser in mind to turn into a vanity, I especially loved the wood counter. Not practical I know, but I'm going to make sure we use a really good sealer on top.
photo source: sweet pickins blog

3. Have always wanted a stone vessel sink like these- out of the price range though! But we did find a good second at a great price.

4. This is the exact faucet we purchased - like an old water spout in tuscan bronze by Price Pfister.

5. The walls have been painted in one of my favorite neutrals - Benjamin Moore Annapolis Gray.

6. Don't you love a hutch in the bathroom? Some great storage. I have a much smaller version that I am refinishing. Courtney's has been one of my favorites! photo credit: french country cottage

So, this weekend the tile will go in - before the super bowl starts of course!

If I feel up to it, I may even share the horrid before photos!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Lida Swisher said...

It’s always nice to turn an inspiration into reality, especially when you already have the essential things that you need. And what’s better, you got them at such great deals! Anyhow, I wish you luck with the wood countertop, and make sure to apply some waterproof oil. Do update us on how it looks now. =)

Regards,
Lida Swisher