Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shop Update and Local Holiday Events

Just a little update on what has been going on over here in our studio.  Some of you have noticed that our inventory is changing - to the majority being all handmade by us except for a few lines that we love such as gorgeous ribbons (I have a bit of an obsession!). So, since that is the case - you will find that (especially this time of year), not too many new product lines are added since we are just keeping up with the orders from our current listings. Most of our items are made to order. Although we try to get ahead of ourselves with some ready to go stock.

Besides the website and busy little Etsy shop, we are also selling our products in 3 stores on Long Island!! And each of them are very different which allows me to design a unique product for each.  If you are a follower of our Facebook Business Page, you can find pics of the items we make for the different shops. Some of these products are exclusive to those stores due to design collaborations  which are so fun - when creative minds get together!  So you may just have to visit them if you see something you like. It will be worth your trip!

So let me introduce them to you.


This beautiful shop features several local artisans including the very talented owners!

Here is a little sampling of some of the work I have done for this shop.

Natural Christmas Decor

"french" tote hand painted
Added my touch to a 1940's sideboard from the shop.

 
See more of The White Weathered Barn on Facebook Here. You will find pics of the owners' gorgeous creations such as linen lavender pillows, jewelry, stamped vintage flatware, artwork, candles, reed diffusers, soap, barnwood signs......this is the place if you're looking for that something special.


Also, the Village of Greenport is hosting a great shopping event!

Here is a link to the event on Facebook.


Another shop I have been working with for quite a while is:




They have just opened in their new location at 903 Main Street, Pt Jefferson Village.

photo by Lori - Lavender Fields


You can find Lori's picks for beautiful gifts and home decor including bedding and Dash and Albert rugs. A true lifestyle boutique.

Here are some of our favorites from Lori's shop.




Such great gifts!

For the locals, Pt. Jefferson Village is having a really fun Holiday Event this weekend.
The 17th annual Dickens Festival, November 30th, December 1st and 2nd 2012, an annual Village celebration of the author of A Christmas Carol, features costumed characters, decorated streets and shops, Victorian entertainment and food.

More info HERE.

If you're not local you can visit Lavender Fields online HERE.
And keep up with the latest news on their Facebook Page HERE.


Finally, I just started doing some window displays and bringing in some of my painted furniture pieces and other home accessories and gifts to a really beautiful flower shop located next to Theater Three in Pt. Jefferson Village at 408 Main Street.  They are expanding their line of home decor and gift items. 

I added some holiday touches to the shop yesterday just in time for the Dickens Festival. Kathy and her staff were busy creating some amazing holiday floral arrangements for their customers.

You can also find them online HERE.

Photos of the shop coming soon!


That's it for my news update for now! I need to get back to working on my orders. And speaking of orders. Please keep in mind - most of our items need 7-10 days for production (with a few exceptions) and we are shipping from NY. I know there are a lot of last minute shoppers (like myself) and we will do our best to accommodate you! 

1 comment:

Lydia said...

My order for the pink jute rope arrived early this week. That was fast! Thank you for the coupon also. It motivates me to find something else here I like. If you ever want to come to Oregon and tell me how to decorate my home, I'd welcome the visit! Lydia