Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Armoire Makeover

I hope your Labor Day was a good one. It's been a while since I posted here! It's been a busy summer. Just sent the kids off to school - first day back for us. I would like to share a piece I just finished this weekend. I needed some extra storage space in my bedroom and this armoire was perfect. It's painted in Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue, distressed and finished with clear and dark wax. The inside is painted in B.M. Stonington Grey. Planning on using it for my dresses, shoes, bags and costume jewelry. Well, we will see if I can fit all of that in there!

Love the detail of the keyhole and the original hooks.


And here is what it looked like before.



It's pouring here on Long Island. A perfect day to work on custom orders. 
Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely piece, paint is a beautiful shade.

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

More storage...gotta love it. I really did turn out cute and I love the color.

Aphrodite said...

Great blog yoou have here