Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Decoupaged Eggs ~ two looks

Love the way these eggs turn out. Here are two different looks for the same paper, same process. I like using paper mache eggs - so I can display them again next year.

Glittered in Crushed Glass






Tea-Dye Varnished



Start with your paper mache or wooden eggs and prime them. You can find the eggs in different sizes.


Then take some tissue paper and tear it into small pieces 1"-2". I like using an allover pattern such as this pretty floral.



Using, white glue or Mod Podge, start gluing and placing your pieces all over the egg until completely covered.

The next step is going to give you two completely different looks.

You can use a tea-dye varnish for a vintage look. I don't know if this product is still in stores - but anything like it will work - or an acrylic glaze would be fine too. And don't worry about the folds ~ I love how the varnish collects in the creases.



Or german glass glitter for a sparkly egg.


For the finishing touch, I like to add some vintage lace and buttons.


 And paper shreds for display.



Hope you enjoyed the project! Would love to see how you are decorating with eggs this year. Leave a link in the comments for us to visit.


I shared this post with the following link parties:

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

8 comments:

bikim said...

those are just gorgeous!
so inspiring!
take care,
Rosa

Unknown said...

Love the gliterred ones!

Hugs
Charo

Deanna said...

Dawn,
those are just lovely. I adored the egg cups with the raffia.

Deanna :D

The Rustic Victorian said...

Very, very pretty!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So very pretty!! thanks so much for sharing!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kath' said...

These are just gorgeous !!! I think I have some of the same tissue paper and will go get some wooden eggs tomorrow and make some up. I am so excited to look at the finished products.
Have a wonderful weekend. Kath'

gail said...

Hi Dawn. I love what you did with those Easter Eggs. Sooo cute. I hope spring is on its way to to NY by now:)
Have a pretty week. (()) gail

mariewarner95 said...

The eggs are just delightful and so well done. Love em!