Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Grey Cabinet Inspirations

Take a look at these gorgeous kitchens done in beautiful grey cabinetry and you'll see why I'm obsessed.
Not sure if I'm daring enough to go with the grey in my kitchen but the laundry room, why not?

Shanty 2 Chic just painted her cabinets grey and they are beautiful!

Love the baskets.

And how cute are these curtains? 
Look like drop cloth material - my new obsession - look for that post soon.



Sara from August Fields just did her kitchen grey.



How gorgeous is that!


She got her inspiration (as did many) from Sally Wheat's kitchen posted on the beautiful 
Cote de Texas blog back in 2008.
So grey is not a new thing...


I just love the window over the sink in her kitchen. And the open shelving..
and the floors, and the sink.....ok I'll stop now!

My decision is made - I'm going with the grey! It's just for my small 10x10 laundry room. But I'm really loving it for the kitchen too!! Hmmmm....



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see why you're in love with these pictures! I have a gray kitchen and I love it. It's very soft though and gorgeous when the sun sets. I say go for it!

Jeannie said...

I also love the grey cabinets! But its the marble, cabinet color and marble counter tops that looks so great. The open cabinets always appear to make the kitchen look bigger. Something to consider when I redo my kitchen. Thanks for sharing :)

jeannie said...

I meant to say subway tile... it creates a soft division between the countertops and cabinets... I love it!

cotedetexas said...

hi - thanks for the shout out! be sure to look at the new High Gloss online magazine - there's a new house by sally wheat in it!!!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I am crazy about those numbered baskets...so cheerful! I painted our island that grey...I love it. People think it's blue or green or grey. Depends on the lighting.
Going to explore more of your blog.
Mary Ann

julie - eab designs said...

I'm loving grey too! I'm actually considering painting my entire bedroom and adjoining studio grey. There are so many shades to choose from - still trying to decide. Look forward to seeing your room once it's painted.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Each one is so very pretty!!!!
XO
Kristin

sara@augustfields said...

thanks for sharing our kitchen. :) i do love grey (as you can see in the rest of our house) and it truly is a timeless neutral in my opinion.

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Je t'aime gris aussi!


Merci beaucoup de votre visite sur mon blog!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

traci said...

i love the grey. i have been wanting to repaint my kitchen cabinets for a while. you've just given me a push. thanks for the inspiration.

Natalie said...

Beautiful! I love the open cabinets/shelving and how the kitchen opens out to and matches the grey living room. I just found your blog through Frugal Farmhouse - look forward to reading more!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Thank you so much Natalie! (since your profile is private I was unable to respond to you - so I posted here!)

JOHN HOFFMAN said...

The most sought out feature of Prime memberships is the Amazon Prime Videos. The app allows you to watch movies, Prime originals, and other shows at no additional cost. With the Prime video subscription, you can see your favorite movies and shows at www.amazon.com/mytv. You have a wide range of variety to choose from. From standup comedy to kid’s cartoons, they’ve got it all. Very helpful and Great information amazon.com/mytv