Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Paris Dreams...



This is where she has them.


Pink Flokati Rug - a gift from Grandma purchased at Marshalls
Paris Dreams sign- I painted - more coming to my shop soon!
I think this has been the fastest room makeover we have done, ever. It took just 2 weeks and a lot of focus to just finish to the end. Although I have to be honest, I do still have one more pillow to finish and the one that you see on the bed is almost complete. Just a couple of more ruffles to make and sew. Boy are those time consuming!! I also want to embellish the plain white lampshade on the nightstand - maybe this weekend.




So let's start with some before shots:
BEFORE
We changed the color of the pink on the walls. It was a mauvey rose before. Now it's Pink Destiny by Valspar. The bed was a goldish brown before and we painted it black. I was hesitant about that but loving it now.
As you can see, the dressers (which were mine from my childhood) did not have any knobs. Just never got around to that after I had painted a scroll design and antiqued the fronts of the drawers.


The dressers are now painted in a semi-gloss white and I've spray painted the cast iron handles (which I used to carry in my shop) black.

The desk in my daughter's room was mostly just covered in clothes. She didn't like to sit there to do homework and prefers a comfy chair.

The new chair...

And the new corner...

I think this part was the most fun. We made the magnet board,



bulletin board


and chalkboard.

"Fait avec amour"
Made with love

More info on those to come in a future post.


The clipboard was purchase here at Pale Pink and Roses.


The nightstand was moved next to the bed and the tall dresser was placed here:



The mirror was a gift and used to be cream - we sprayed it white...much better.
The Eiffel tower jewelry holder is from TJ Maxx. They have tons of Paris themed products.


The bedding was pretty and romantic...


and now it's bold and dramatic!! She loves it! We found it online at Walmart.

 The accent table that was sitting in the basement is perfect here.

Damask Lamp - Target  
Paris cup - TJ Maxx
Hot Pink Frame - Christmas Tree Shops

Some of the details:

I painted this sign for my daughter a few years ago and even though it's not a perfect match, she chose to keep it over her bed.


A beautiful ballerina clock - a gift from grandma purchased at Lavender Fields in Port Jefferson.


This gorgeous painting is by my husband's grandmother. Wish I could paint like her!! Isn't she amazing?

We didn't touch my cloud paintings on the ceiling. Perfect for Paris day dreams.

These gauzy sheer curtain panels were my favorite deal of the room. $5 for each pair of curtains at IKEA! The pull backs were green hooks that we sprayed black. Perfect!


The rod is another steal at $4.99 from Christmas Tree Shops.  And the valance is made from 2 63" panels purchased from Marburn Curtains.

Storage boxes from TJ Maxx. Of course!!


The Degas prints were a gift from many years ago. Finally framed!


This glittery Paris ornament is a favorite find from a store in NYC.

This huge bolster was plain white canvas and just needed something. Aren't these ruffles cute?

Cute little storage over at the message center for push pins, magnets and chalk.


The trophy shelf. Letter T from Christmas Tree Shops and the shelf, you guessed it, TJ Maxx.


Sleeping under the Eiffel Tower! Also from the Christmas Tree Shops - would you believe only $9.99?

Here is a closeup of the new moulding my husband installed. Very simple, love it!

And here she is, looking very happy in her new room!!

Linking this post to:



















And click here for Layla's party "A Few of My Favorite Room - Re-do's 2010"





21 comments:

Nancy said...

Dawn, I Love her New Look!! Kind of Neat she is interested in the comfort of her decor as a teen!!
Huggs, Nancy
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

afistfullofweeds* said...

Its just beautiful!! She is one lucky young lady!!

Unknown said...

Oh!!! Is a gorgeous room. Love it!

Nicholette said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I would love for you to link up to our Saturday linky party! nv-craftenvy.blogspot.com

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Now that is an awesome room!! Super fabulous job!

Michelle said...

Great job! The room looks beautiful! :o)

idesign said...

love it!! lucky young lady :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Your girl looks so happy! Good job!
I would love if you linked this to The French Obsession Party on September 1st!
XO
Frenchy

Denise Marie said...

absolutely adorable make-over. She can dream of anything in that room!!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

What a great room!!! She's a lucky girl.
P.S. I love your playlist =)

Marie said...

Oooh la la! I really like the after. I'm a francophile and j'adore everything Paris style. Hey I have that same glittery Paris sign :) That room is a perfect style for your teenage girl. Stopping by from SOYCM.
-marie

The Single Nester said...

L.O.V.E.L.Y !!

Anonymous said...

HI Dawn! Oh, what a wonderful room for a pretty young lady! I would have loved to death to have had a room like this growing up! She's a lucky one! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Oh WOW!! I see a million things that I love. You did an amazing job.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

beautiful!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Dawn, Such a beautiful room! The bed is gorgeous! Fantastic job! I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase. ~ Stephanie Lynn

http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/08/three-scoops-of-love-winner-last-weeks.html

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Stopping over from Sunday Showcase. What a great room!!! Any girl would adore this....love all the French touches. We're working on our teen's room right now too.

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Ooh La la!! Your daughter must be in heaven with this transformation...Looks so chic!

Take care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

beautiful I love everything with Paris theme I dream one day visit tis place and take a lot of pic, I love you bedroom... good luck.

Christmas Decorating Ideas said...

Love it. So pretty, cute and elegant at the same time. I like those color combination. The ballet dancer clock is so pretty and great with the room theme. Eiffel tower, ballet dancer, soft pink material, fleur de lis pattern pillow so adorable.

Hadley said...

I am so in love with this room. I have a Paris theme as well, but mine's a little more modern than vintage. Oh, well.